Create a modern bathroom in concrete
Bathrooms are usually troublesome and expensive rooms to renovate, which is also why many give up the dream of a DIY bathroom renovation. With the flexible concrete series from Conteco, you can create a modern bathroom in a beautiful, rustic, concrete look in a matter of hours. Conteco can be applied on existing surfaces for instance clinkers or tiles, vinyl, or linoleum.
Be inspired to transform your bathroom with Conteco, and get the urban style bathroom of your dreams. Skip all the difficult steps in your bathroom renovation process and apply Conteco on your existing surface, instead of tearing it down. In short, you can create an exclusive and modern bathroom in concrete, without help from a skilled craftsman.
It is easy to get started with Conteco – try our helpful product calculator that helps you find the products you need, in the correct amount, to update, renovate or decorate your bathroom at the right price.
DIY bathroom renovation
The obvious choice of use in bathrooms, would be to apply Conteco on top of your already existing surfaces to avoid the process of tearing down and rebuilding them. Conteco can be applied directly on top of existing surfaces, such as the bathroom floor, walls, or even furniture! It is easy to apply as long as the surface is clean and even, which is why we recommend filling joints between tiles etc. before applying Conteco. This way, you can easily turn your bathroom surfaces into concrete and add a rustic look to your home. Conteco can also be used in other rooms:
Conteco is easy to work with and can be personalized in many ways. Adapt the color and the structure of the surface to your style and get a result that fits perfectly into your home.
How to use Conteco in the bathroom
- Before you start, please make sure that the chosen surface is clean and even. If used on clinkers or tiles, we recommend spackling and priming the entire surface before applying Conteco. Since Conteco is applied in thin layers, joints and unevenness will show on the finished surface if not evened out before application. Panels must be masked off.
- Mix Conteco according to the product instructions.
- Apply the first layer by pouring Conteco on the surface in small portions and distributing it in a thin layer – as thinly as possible (approx. 0,5 mm) using a tool of your choice, according to the desired surface. If you are not satisfied with the result – you can always add another layer.
- The drying time is 30-60 minutes per layer at room temperature (21-23 °C, 50% humidity). Before applying the next layer, moisten the surface using a water atomizer. This will ensure optimal adherence.
- Apply additional layers in the same way as the first layer, until the desired result is obtained. This normally takes around 2-3 layers.
- When the result is as desired and dried up, treat the surface with Conteco Color Sustainer. Apply the product in a thin layer and massage it onto the surface with a microfiber cloth.
- At last, apply Conteco Concrete Sealer to the surface in two layers according to the directions in our guide. Always apply plenty of Concrete Sealer to protect the surface from water and make it resistant towards cleaning agents.
What you need to get started
- Conteco Basic, and either Medium or Fine depending on what look you want
- Conteco Mix & Primer
- Conteco Color Pigment
- Conteco Concrete Sealer
- A steel-, plastic-, or rubber trowel
- A painting brush
- A painting roll for the sealer
- A pair of working gloves
- A dust mask
- A power drill + a drill mixer
- A bucket for mixing concrete
- A water atomizer
- Masking tape
- Sandpaper grit 120/150
All products in the Conteco series can be purchased in our web shop web shop here. If you are in doubt about the look, or how to use Conteco in your bathroom, we are always ready to help. Contact us on email@example.com for questions, or use our product calculator to find the right products. You can also download our free Conteco Guide that describes the process step-by-step, right here.
A concrete surface with high durability
When your new concrete surface is finished and Conteco Concrete Sealer is hardened the surface becomes extremely durable and resistant towards grease, dirt, and cleaning agents. Redesign your bathroom and benefit from the easy-to-clean advantages. Get started with our product calculator.
DIY bathroom with a professional look
Are you considering renovating your bathroom? The fact that Conteco is applied in thin layers means that the drying time is shorter than similar products. However, that is not the only advantage. More importantly, the thin layers make the surface more flexible, easier to work with, and protects the surface against cracks and splits. This way you can make sure that your new, modern bathroom maintains its appearance for years and years.
See what you need
FOLLOW THE PRODUCT CALCULATOR BELOW:
What are you making?
Concrete in bathroom
Does the foundation need to be filled?
HOW MANY BUCKETS OF 2,5 KG DO YOU NEED?
LAYER THICKNESS: FROM 0 TO 10 MM
CONSUMPTION: approx. 1,1 KG/M²/MM
Do you need elastic pipe collars?
ONLY USED AT PIPE LEAD-INS IN BATHROOMS
Do you need self-adhesive mats for drains?
CHOOSE THE AMOUNT FROM EVERY SIZE
How many M² is to be treated?
How do you want the surface to be?
See all the pictures in large-sized versions here
NUMBER OF M² TO BE TREATED
You will need:
How to use Conteco
Conteco is designed for the DIY people
Let us teach you how it’s done – nice and simple.