How to make a concrete floor using Conteco:
Concrete floors have become a very popular item in interior design and adds a beautiful, rustic touch to your home. With Conteco’s flexible concrete series, you can easily give your existing floors a durable concrete look and urban feel. It is easy to get started – try our product calculator here.
You can apply Conteco on all types of floors, whether it is wood, vinyl, linoleum, or clinkers. In other words, you don’t have to worry about whether Conteco works for your project. Our concrete even works in bathrooms, so you can create the stunning New Yorker bathroom of your dreams.
The look of your new concrete floor is completely up to you, and can be adapted to fit your home. The color nuances cover from the classic gray “concrete color” to even darker nuances, and is now also available in a range of exciting color variations. Even the look of the surface can be adjusted depending on how Conteco is applied, and what tools that are used for the application. The finished concrete floor has a thickness of only 1.5 mm, but nevertheless has an incredible durability in order for you to enjoy your beautiful floor, years and years after Conteco has been applied. You can read more about the possibilities with Conteco here:
Most importantly – it is both easy and quick to create a hard-wearing concrete floor with Conteco. Are you ready to get started? Read below how to do it.
DIY concrete floor:
- Before you start, please make sure that the chosen surface is clean and even. If applying Conteco on wooden floors, we recommend gluing vinyl onto the surface beforehand in order to obtain the classic, even concrete look. If used on clinkers or tiles, we recommend spackling and priming the entire surface before applying Conteco. As Conteco is applied in thin layers, joints and unevenness will show on the finished surface if not evened out before application. Panels must be masked off.
- Mix Conteco according to the product instructions.
- Apply the first layer by pouring Conteco on the floor in small portions and distributing it in a thin layer – as thinly as possible (approx. 0,5 mm) using a tool of your choice, according to the desired surface. If you are not satisfied with the result – you can always add another layer.
- The drying time is 30-60 minutes per layer at room temperature (21-23 °C, 50% humidity). Before applying the next layer, moisten the surface using a water atomizer. This will ensure optimal adherence.
- Apply additional layers in the same way as the first layer, until the desired result is obtained. This normally takes around 2-3 layers.
- When the result is as desired and dried up, treat the surface with Conteco Color Sustainer. Apply the product in a thin layer and massage it onto the surface with a microfiber cloth.
- At last, apply Conteco Concrete Sealer to the surface in two layers according to the directions in our guide. Let the surface harden – and enjoy your new floor.
What you need to get started:
- Conteco Basic, and either Medium or Fine depending on what look you want
- Conteco Mix & Primer
- Conteco Color Pigment
- Conteco Concrete Sealer
- A steel-, plastic-, or rubber trowel
- A painting brush
- A painting roll for the sealer
- A pair of working gloves
- A dust mask
- A power drill + a drill mixer
- A bucket for mixing concrete
- A water atomizer
- Masking tape
- Sandpaper grit 120/150
All products in the Conteco series can be purchased in our web shop here. If you are in doubt about the look, or how to create a floor in Conteco, we are always ready to help. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, or use our product calculator to find the right products. You can also download our free Conteco Guide that describes the process step-by-step, right here.
Inspiration for a beautiful concrete floor:
Only your imagination is the limit when it comes to using Conteco in your home, but with an urban concrete floor you the “wow-effect” is inevitable. If you want a classic concrete look, go for the nuances Concrete or Charcoal, or let your creativity loose with our broad range of colors.
A concrete surface with high durability:
When your new concrete floor is finished and Conteco Concrete Sealer is hardened the floor becomes extremely durable and resistant towards grease, dirt, and cleaning agents. Redesign your floor and benefit from the easy-to-clean advantages. Get started with our product calculator.
See what you need
FOLLOW THE PRODUCT CALCULATOR BELOW:
What are you making?
Concrete in bathroom
Does the foundation need to be filled?
HOW MANY BUCKETS OF 2,5 KG DO YOU NEED?
LAYER THICKNESS: FROM 0 TO 10 MM
CONSUMPTION: approx. 1,1 KG/M²/MM
Do you need elastic pipe collars?
ONLY USED AT PIPE LEAD-INS IN BATHROOMS
Do you need self-adhesive mats for drains?
CHOOSE THE AMOUNT FROM EVERY SIZE
How many M² is to be treated?
How do you want the surface to be?
See all the pictures in large-sized versions here
NUMBER OF M² TO BE TREATED
You will need:
How to use Conteco
Conteco is designed for the DIY people
Let us teach you how it’s done – nice and simple.